In this lesson we want to learn about Python Selenium Web Elements, Python Selenium Web Elements are the different components of web page that Selenium can interact with using its APIs. These web elements include HTML elements such as buttons, links, checkboxes, radio buttons, input fields, dropdowns, tables and more.
Selenium provides several methods to locate and interact with these web elements. some of the commonly used methods include:
- find_element_by_id: Locates an element on the web page using its ID attribute.
- find_element_by_name: Locates an element on the web page using its Name attribute.
- find_element_by_class_name: Locates an element on the web page using its Class Name attribute.
- find_element_by_xpath: Locates an element on the web page using an XPath expression.
- find_element_by_css_selector: Locates an element on the web page using a CSS selector.
Once an element is located, Selenium provides a range of methods to interact with it such as clicking on it, entering text into input fields, selecting options from dropdowns, checking and unchecking checkboxes, and more.
In addition to interacting with individual elements, Selenium also provides methods to work with groups of elements such as finding all elements that match a particular selector, or iterating over a table and extracting data from its rows and columns.
Overall, Python Selenium Web Elements provide a powerful way to interact with the different components of a web page and automate web tasks.