In this video lesson we want to learn about Introduction to Amazon EC2, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS) that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. Amazon EC2 allows businesses and individuals to quickly and easily provision virtual servers, known as instances in the cloud.
Amazon EC2 provides different benefits for developers and businesses including:
- Scalability: Amazon EC2 allows users to quickly and easily scale their compute capacity up or down as needed, without having to worry about hardware provisioning or software configuration.
- Flexibility: Amazon EC2 supports different operating systems, programming languages and application frameworks, and this gives users the flexibility to choose the tools and technologies that best meet their needs.
- Cost-effective: Amazon EC2 offers pay as you go pricing model, and this allows users to only pay for the compute capacity that they use.
- Reliable: Amazon EC2 provides different features that makes it reliable, such as automatic instance recovery and automatic scaling based on user defined policies.
- Secure: Amazon EC2 provides different security features such as encryption of data in transit and at rest, and network isolation using Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).