In this video lesson we want to talk about that What is Amazon (AWS) RDS Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) is fully managed cloud based database service provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS). it makes it easy to set up, operate and scale relational database in the cloud, without having to worry about managing hardware, software or backups.
Amazon RDS supports several popular relational database engines, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server and MariaDB. it provides different features that makes it popular choice for developers and businesses.
These are some features of AWS RDS
- Scalability: Amazon RDS makes it easy to scale a database up or down as needed, without having to worry about hardware provisioning or software configuration.
- Backup and recovery: Amazon RDS automatically creates backups of the database and stores them in Amazon S3, and this makes it easy to recover data in the event of a failure.
- High availability: Amazon RDS provides options for high availability, such as Multi-AZ deployments which automatically replicate the database across multiple Availability Zones to ensure high availability and durability.
- Security: Amazon RDS provides security features such as encryption at rest and in transit, network isolation using Amazon VPC, and access control using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Monitoring and management: Amazon RDS provides tools for monitoring and managing database performance, such as Amazon CloudWatch and Performance Insights.
Join the conversation